Questions & Answers
Your questions answered – Chartered Management Institute
CMI stands for the The Chartered Management Institute. It’s the leading, UK awarding body for management and leadership qualifications. It’s the only professional body that can award Chartered Manager status.
- You'll have the chance to build on existing knowledge and skills.
- You'll gain an internationally-recognised qualification that you can use across jobs and sectors.
You can study towards a CMI Award, Certificate or Diploma in Management and Leadership at Level 5, Level 6 or Level 7.
No – you won’t have to do any exams.
No – there are no essays either. Instead, you have to submit a series of evidence documents that demonstrate how you meet the assessment criteria. These will vary depending on what qualification you do, but could be anything from discussions with your Line Manager, to writing short reports. Please see the ‘How is my work assessed?’ section for more information.
No - the evidence you submit will be based on your experience in your role. There will be some theoretical learning opportunities, but these are recommended, not mandatory
Each qualification is made up of individual units, and each unit has its own set of assessment criteria. In order to pass a unit, you need to show evidence that you’ve met those criteria. Evidence is assessed through a variety of methods depending on the unit you are studying, but it might include:
- Completing a workbook
- Carrying out activities or exercises as part of a Workplace Learning Activity
- Undertaking activities as part of e-learning or face-to-face events
- Undertaking work-based projects
- Writing personal development action plans
In addition to the learning activities you do, you’ll need to:
- Fill in an evidence template that demonstrates how you’ve met the assessment criteria each time you complete a learning activity
- Upload your completed evidence template via the link given in the unit for assessment.
There is lots of support to help you achieve success, including:
- Premier Partnership: email email@example.com
- Your Line Manager